Thursday, November 15, 2007

Wachumba Pass...

My dad and I used to have a way of getting to my step-mom, Tracey. I never really liked her while I was growing up because when I was in the back seat pretending to be asleep I over heard her talking trash about my mom. She primarily said a bunch of disgusting things about how my mom was overweight. It was sad that she didn't pull the visor down to see that she wasn't one to talk.

My dad had pulled me out of class for a couple of weeks and we were heading down to California. Through the car ride my dad and I would make up bizarre songs and slogans to remember the trip. One of which was hated above all else by Tracey.

"We're going to the Waaaahhhhhh-Cummm-Baaaah Pass.
We're going to have fun at the Waaaaahhh-Cummm-Baaah Pass!"

This was chanted over and over again by my dad. For some reason it made me laugh more than the name Lake Titicaca or Bucharest (for some reason I thought it was boob caress). I'm not sure if it was the laughs of a 7-year-old little girl getting louder and louder or if it was the insistent repetitive nature of my dad saying the phrase that drove Tracey up the wall.

No comments: