Wednesday, November 14, 2007

First Comes...

There are only a small handful of guys that I've ever said I loved and thought I meant it at the time outside of my current relationship: George; Matt; Andy & Aron.

George Pardington was my first real boyfriend. He was in all honesty my high school sweetheart. Our relationship was the type that offended people when we broke up. More people were made at me after I broke up with George than were when I announced I was moving off the island. I had people inquire about him a years after we had been broken up.

He messed up really bad when he met my dad though. George had a temper and with it he had an anger problem. Many people speculated that he would use that anger against me, but he never once raised a hand at me. He was so in love with me that there was never a thought in my mind that he was capable of hurting me. However my father asked him, "How are things going with you and my daughter?" Mind you this is the first time I've ever brought a boy to meet my dad.

George said, "Things are going well now... I used to have an anger problem, but it's getting better."

My dad looked at my uncle and then back at George and while gritting his teeth together he mustered out, "That's good to hear, I have a bit of anger problem too, George."

George and I were inseparable with him spending a great deal of time at my house and I at his. His family had adopted me by giving me my fake nickname, Margo as to not get confused with George's sister Jennifer. Margo was my fake nickname for our high school advice column.

The liked me so much that after we had broken up and I had been in college for a year, George's mom was still trying to find ways of hooking us back together. It was sweet, but a bit odd at the same time.

He was a year younger than me and I knew it couldn't last after graduation, because I would be across the state in Pullman.

However this didn't stop my next boyfriend Matt from pursuing me while living outside of Bellingham.

No comments: