Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tidbits...

When I was in sixth grade I had a pen pal from Switzerland who was assigned to me by my teacher. When I was heart broken because I had to move from San Diego to Oak Harbor she sent me chocolates and it made things seem less bad. Then my teacher took a class photo of everyone and sent it to me and that made things feel a little easier too.

Since then I've grown a part from everyone over time and that made things seem easier as well.

It's been so long that when people ask me if I've lived anywhere but here sometimes I tell them that I've been here my whole life.

It's only recently though that I have started to look for those friends and I have found each of the ones that I set out to find.









Once when I was babysitting in high school I had to stay the night at the house across the street. My folks would look out the window from time to time to make sure that everything was decent. George, my high school sweetheart knowing that I couldn't let him inside went down to the ice cream shop and picked up treats for the two girls I was watching and myself and sat on the stoop of the door just so he could spend time with me.

I still feel bad for leaving him, but I needed to in order to go to college. He was always worried about me with other men and had been bringing up the idea of moving to Pullman with me and helping me pay for my education. I just couldn't let him do that. It was just far to much.

It was bad enough that when we broke up he started to drive by my house and keep tabs on me. One time when Andrew was picking me up for a date he drove by and parked in the driveway and started to yell at me saying, that he would never do something like this to me. I was going on a date I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, but he didn't see it like that. While I was out with Andrew, George came to my house and my mother welcomed him in. There he told her how worried he was that he would loose me.

It was odd because after that a year later I tried to mend things and start a new, but he tried to do it later within the year I was gone and then my sophomore year after I had found Matt. He even had a heart-to-heart with me after I brought Matt to meet him (we were still close friends) where he asked me to be his girl again. I told him it was an odd thing to ask when Matt was just feet away.

I've never had a boy love me as much as George did and I've never had a family want me to be a part of theirs as much either. His mother told me that they were trying to get him to move up to Bellingham to be closer to me when I was on breaks. She even tried to get him to take me to his prom even though he already had three dates... go figure?

We are still close friends and sometimes I wonder what things would have been like if I had invited him to live in Pullman. I think I'd be married and settled if that were the case, which is something I'm not in any mood to be.






Mom's weekend 2004 at Washington State University. I kept the fact that I was bi from my mom until 2005. I had hinted to her that I was but each time I had tried to discuss it with her she told me that the girl had just taken advantage of me while I was drunk or accused me of being on drugs myself.

That night while she was asleep I left to hang out with Brando and his friends. We drove into Moscow and picked up Noel from the food coop that she was working at and went to some U of I party that she knew of.

Noel and I ended up sitting in a small chair for the majority of the night kissing and cuddling and it felt really good. I wanted her to come home with me but the reality check to my mother felt a bit to great. I ended up dropping her off and kissing her good night.

I was always a little bitter that she ended up dating this other girl instead of me, but she was known in the circles as a bit of a player and she had had her heart broken pretty badly by a friend of mine. She was trying to mend it by going from gal to gal.









No comments: